After two years in India and a few months of concern and consternation on behalf of our daughter, July was spent as a dual family celebration on the east coast.
Not one, but two family reunions occurred uniting all from both of our nuclear families. Brothers, sisters, uncles, aunts, spouses, grandparents – what a blessed time to be together, eat, play, catch-up, take walks, take drives, try to stay cool in the hot east coast summer.
Between D.C., New York City, the Hamptons and the rural, rolling hills of Pennsylvania, Jaya really made her way around. It took her parents two decades of our lives to make it to the east coast, but Jaya covered a good portion in just her fourth month! A plane, train, taxi, bus, subway and regular ol’ car were the modes of transportation as Jaya visited friends in the nation’s Capitol and slowly made her way up the coast.
Her favorite activities included:
- Watching fireworks on rooftops of D.C. with the Schmidgall and Batterson families
- Attending a Nationals game with Kelly and Sean Hafner
- Seeing Mom and Dad's engagement spot in Central Park (Belvedere Castle)
- Visiting Uncle Todd's new house in the Hamptons and being with Dad's family
- Going to the lake, picking blueberries, winning a scavenger hunt and performing in a talent show with Mom's family in Pennsylvania
Below are a few pictures from a memorable July featuring everyone’s favorite little girl, who is quite the easy traveler, for which her parents are very grateful: