Most of you reading this know that one of the biggest hurdles to overcome in our decision to come to India was the heat. I am the warmest person I know and have been vocal in the past about Southern California being just too hot for me, preferring instead the clouds of Seattle or the snow of Sweden.
Avg. 103 with highs reaching 110!
In response we needed to make a list of 10 reasons the heat is actually a good thing, and works to our advantage. Please indulge us, suspending disbelief if you have to:
1. Laundry dries on the clothesline instantly, faster than your machine!
2. No puddles to step in or around.
3. India makes Southern California seem balmy and mild.
4. Water truly never tasted so good!
5. Pictures at the beach just aren't as fun if it doesn't look hot.
6. Paige actually appreciates the seasons now...
7. Sympathy contributions?
8. Umm, number 8, reason #8....Aw, forget it - there just are not 10 reasons this heat is good!
Send help!! We're mellllttttttiiinnngggg!!!!
- Picture above is us eating off a banana leaf with our hands, a.k.a., Indian style!
- Pictures below are of two recent familiar faces. Ashwini Pai lives here in Hyderabad and Zach Tobin recently visited during a tour of Asia. Both were on Sean's last RA staff at the University of Washington in 2006. Fun to see these friends so far from home.